UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Hey guys! This review blog is a resuscitation of one of my older attempts. I apologize for the rocky start, but I will get it up to speed as quickly as I can.
Meanwhile, enjoy the reviews I currently was able to save from one of my old facebook notes, and check back DAILY for new reviews and updates!
I'm over 51k gamerscore...so there's ALOT to review!

-LCC

Monday, December 13, 2010

TC's H.A.W.X. 2

Once again, Ubisoft takes an attempt at ruling the skies, and falls slightly short of the mark, leaving Ace Combat 6 (Now a few years old) in the #1 spot in my books.

The gameplay this time around has added a few new features such as takeoffs, landings, mid-air refuling and the like...all things which Ace6 had to begin with. Took UbiSoft 2 games to figure it out, it seems.

While the guys in Montreal have tried to add a sense of realism to the game by making real terrain from Satellite imagery, it unfortunately, takes away from what they could have done for the rest of the game...namely better graphics, (The facial animation on the cinematics is some of the WORST I have ever seen) more in-depth plane and weapons design, and overall animation quality.

To fly over a REAL location is cool and all...but when you're flying at Mach2, you dont really pay attention to the details 15,000 feet below you.

The campaign story is complex, and very militaristc. While this is typical of a Tom Clancy franchise, I found myself zoning out during alot of the briefings. I just wasn't captivated by story...not the way Call of Duty does.

But, I am a pilot at heart, and I have to say it feels nice to take to the skies again. Multiplayer wise, planes are more customizable, there are now WAY more weapons varieties (my major complaint from HAWX 1 now rectified), and is overall enjoyable.

While the graphics are mediocre, the gameplay OK, the story un-entrancing, I DO still enjoy the game. There is a certain character, a certain aire about it that makes it worthy of play. Especially on Multiplayer.

Overall..6/10........game is alright...but Im not gonna rant and rave about it....for good or ill.

No comments:

Post a Comment