UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Hey guys! This review blog is a resuscitation of one of my older attempts. I apologize for the rocky start, but I will get it up to speed as quickly as I can.
Meanwhile, enjoy the reviews I currently was able to save from one of my old facebook notes, and check back DAILY for new reviews and updates!
I'm over 51k gamerscore...so there's ALOT to review!

-LCC

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Batman: Arkham Asylum

The Dark Knight returns in this epic thriller! (Wow, you would think I was talking about a movie...) But that's the POINT! This game feels like a movie you participate in! Simply wonderful! Graphics are dark and gritty albeit sometimes the motion-capture seems a little...off...
Story is truly epic...basically: How would Batman handle the Joker taking over Gotham's Asylum for the Criminally Insane? (Yeah, I spoiled it...sue me...)
Full of gadgety goodness that is in the best of Batman Tradition, puzzles, complex storylines, there is everything good to say about this adventure of the Caped Crusader. This is how Batman is meant to be. While Christopher Nolan's Batman is more of a spin on Batman in the real world, this is the classic comic brought to life in the best possible manner, while staying true to those themes and styles.
Mark Hamill, the infamous Luke Skywalker, returns as the voice of the joker and is, to many comic-con obsessees, the very perfection of the Joker's personality and voice.
For this style of Joker...I can't help but agree.
(Granted Heath Ledger makes a more true real-world Sociopath...but I digress...)

Controls again are simple and easy to master, and allow you, as Batman, to truly make use of the environment around you. From sneak attacks from the shadows, to inverted suspension grabs, to the classic batarang-to-the-back-of-the-head-from-across-the-room.

The only 3 downfalls that come to mind is that there isn't really much replay value (for me, anyways), the climax battle is rather...anti-climatic and a little too simple for a boss fight, and there is no multiplayer at ALL in it...even Splinter Cell had a Multiplayer mode of "Player 1 defends objective while player 2 tries to stealth his way to it."

But overall...8/10....great game! A few irks and confusions here and there, but as someone who grew up with comic book heroes, Batman being among them, I was not disappointed, and felt like the Game Designers did the Dark Knight justice!

No comments:

Post a Comment