UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Hey guys! This review blog is a resuscitation of one of my older attempts. I apologize for the rocky start, but I will get it up to speed as quickly as I can.
Meanwhile, enjoy the reviews I currently was able to save from one of my old facebook notes, and check back DAILY for new reviews and updates!
I'm over 51k gamerscore...so there's ALOT to review!

-LCC

Friday, October 1, 2010

Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.






8/10 - Being a HUGE fan of the Ace Combat Series, I was naturally excited for HAWX to come out. It certainly has it's good points, but still doesn't hold a candle to AceCombat 6. The storyline continues with ENDWAR, which in and of itself is a gooder, and the graphics are decent. However, the controls are abit stiff compared to ACE6, and the fact that I cant use a HUD at the same time I use the exterior view of the plane REALLY irks me, but whatever. I can deal.
The story is a nice, and in depth look at future warfare and isn't nearly as cheesy as ACE6 (yes, I'll be comparing them every step of the way), and actually allows you to play in real cities such as Chicago and Rio de Janerio.
The selection of Aircraft available to you as you progress is unprecidented and blew me away. I mean, come ON...name one other game that even gives you the OPTION to fly the legendary SR-71 Blackbird at Mach 6 with your hair on fire?
The idea for putting into place an "Interception pathway" thingy is a nice touch, especially for gamers who are not used to flying. Personally, I do better without it, but I'm a pilot at heart, and play these kinda things on expert without even blinking. For the amature, this option gives you a nice trajectory to either get in behind an enemy plane, get into firing position above a ground target, or even shows you a pathway to evade an incoming missile.
It also gives you an option to go to a completely different view of the plane called "Assistance Off" mode, which I personally find annoying. Its more of an outside view of the camera, but youre looking at your plane SIDEWAYS. The idea is to help you to "push your plane to the limit" but I find it a nuicance as you still have to control the plane in the same way you normally do, not necessarily the way the camera is facing. But I can certainly see the advantages of it.
Online play is sure to kick some booty, and that alone is the reason I bought it. I love fighter-pilot games, and this one is sure to be a hit online.
Overall...8/10 from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment