UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Hey guys! This review blog is a resuscitation of one of my older attempts. I apologize for the rocky start, but I will get it up to speed as quickly as I can.
Meanwhile, enjoy the reviews I currently was able to save from one of my old facebook notes, and check back DAILY for new reviews and updates!
I'm over 51k gamerscore...so there's ALOT to review!

-LCC

Friday, October 1, 2010

Tomb Raider Underworld


10/10 -Aahh...what young man who has ever played video games has NOT had some form of secret crush on the infamous Lara Croft, the wall-climbing, cleaveage bearing, bellybutton showing, gun-slinging, adventurous and witty British Billionaire who could give Indiana Jones a run for his money?
Tomb Raider: Underworld does NOT dissapoint.
I'll sadly admit, before playing TR:Legend, I havent touched a Lara Croft game since TR:2 WAAAY back in 1997.
But after LEGEND, I was hooked. These are the kinda games I personally crave.
The puzzles in UNDERWORLD are not overly complex, the mazes often give you multiple routes to take, the story continues where LEGEND and ANNIVERSARY leave off, and is a sheer joy to play. Not OVERLY difficult, but just enough to make it challenging and not boring.
The option to treasure hunt afterwards is amazing for anyone who is a Gamerpoints addict (such as myself), and allows you to earn those points by collecting the treasures and relics at your own liesure, unlike Ubisoft's Prince of Persia (See entry).
I haven't found ALL tresures and relics yet, but Im working on it, and thats the point. They've done it in such a way that Im not BORED just looking for treasure! The locks are already opened, the puzzled and ancient doors completed, and enemies defeated (with the exception of local wildlife such as Sharks and Jaguar), make it a little easier to find the treasures without literally playing each level through.
My ONLY dissapointment, is you dont get to wander around Croft Manor in a Bikini like in LEGEND, but who knows, maybe next game....after all...Lara may have given up Thor's Hammer...but she still has Excalibur, and she and Amanda have some unfinished buisness...OOPS! Did I give that away?

No comments:

Post a Comment