UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Hey guys! This review blog is a resuscitation of one of my older attempts. I apologize for the rocky start, but I will get it up to speed as quickly as I can.
Meanwhile, enjoy the reviews I currently was able to save from one of my old facebook notes, and check back DAILY for new reviews and updates!
I'm over 51k gamerscore...so there's ALOT to review!

-LCC

Friday, October 1, 2010

PREY



PREY is one of the very first games I purchased for the X360 and is the video game version of an M. Night Shyamalan movie: He got it ALMOST perfect but killed the ending.
Same deal.
The graphics are pretty schweetness for an early 360 game and the story concept is awesome. The weapons and enemies some of the most unique I have yet to see even since it's release.
I mean, I think this is really the only FPS, if not game EVER that uses all 3 dimensions to play on...one moment you're fighting on ground level, then all of a sudden upside-down on the ceiling with enemies on the walls?! Talk about major vertigo!
The first few levels in the game are kinda grotesque and a little on the Horrifying side. Not a Holy-crap-this-is-scary-as-hell kinda horrifying, but Apocalyptic Horrifying...ya know...the kind where you can't help but ask "is this really happening?"
But I guess the player gets more...familiar with his or her surroundings and less and less surprised as time goes on as the character goes through the same thing...not too shabby, I must say.....well done Mr.Whoever-wrote-the-story!
Until the final boss fight. EW.
Can you POSSIBLY think of a more boring ending and a simple boss? Come on! If its the big motherload of fights...make it hard!
Way-ta-go M.Night...you killed the ending as usual!
Multiplayer is pretty awesome, except that no one really plays it, so match-ups will be few and far between, but if you can get one in...good on ya!
Generally, not bad. I bought the game at first, but eventually traded it in. I think the option to buy or rent is about a 50/50, although I haven't seen it in too many rental shops...if you wanna play it you MAY have to buy a used copy and trade it back later...

No comments:

Post a Comment