UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Hey guys! This review blog is a resuscitation of one of my older attempts. I apologize for the rocky start, but I will get it up to speed as quickly as I can.
Meanwhile, enjoy the reviews I currently was able to save from one of my old facebook notes, and check back DAILY for new reviews and updates!
I'm over 51k gamerscore...so there's ALOT to review!

-LCC

Friday, October 1, 2010

Assault on Dark Athena



8/10 - OK...so in renting "The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena" I happened to notice that it includes "Escape from Butcher Bay".
So...this review...is progressing as I have yet to finish it, and the end result will of course decide if I REALLY do or do not like it.
But let me say this much so far:
Not bad!
The graphics are half decent, with the exception of some uber-poor lip-sync. The gameplay is pretty unique. Mixing an FPS with abit of RPG (kinda oblivion-style) and add a hint of splinter-cell type sneaking around and climbing stuff...and you have a pretty decent mix.
Be on the awareness factor though. This is NOT just an FPS game. There is alot of talking around, side missions, story development (and whoever is a RIDDICK fan, such as myself will love the story), and a bunch of other minor goodies. Sometimes the elaborateness of the story CAN be abit tedious as you have to run allllll the way over here...then allllll the way back...and allllll the way there again.
Kinda annoying...but for the story, it fits. I'm sure Riddick was pissed too. But you gotta do what you gotta do, right?
SO....as said before..haven't finished it yet, but I like what I've played SO far...
...now if they had only gotten the damned lip-sync right.......

No comments:

Post a Comment