UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Hey guys! This review blog is a resuscitation of one of my older attempts. I apologize for the rocky start, but I will get it up to speed as quickly as I can.
Meanwhile, enjoy the reviews I currently was able to save from one of my old facebook notes, and check back DAILY for new reviews and updates!
I'm over 51k gamerscore...so there's ALOT to review!

-LCC

Saturday, October 2, 2010

1 vs. 100

A groundbreaking concept that sadly didn't do too well, 1 vs 100 was a fresh and exciting way to bring non-gamers into the gaming realm.
100% live and interactive, 1 vs. 100 featured a live host and sometimes live guests (Such as the beautiful, hilarious, and phenominal Felicia Day, star and Producer of the hit web-series "The Guild...look it up if you dont know what it is...trust me...you'll love it...) and brought families and friends together in a gameshow-type environment.
With live interaction with over 100,000 gamers at a time, I often found myself in my living room with my family, all of us selecting which answer to submit, hoping to win enough rounds, get in the mob, or hoping to be "The One" to compete for 10,000 microsoft points.

My mother and I would always watch shows like "Who wants to be a Millionaire" or "Are you Smarter than a 5th grader" and other such random-trivia gameshows, and we would select our answers before the person on TV did:
"I think it's B, mom!"
"I dunno....I'm pretty sure it's A."

This time, with 1 vs. 100 online, we were doing it and actually PARTICIPATING....

Sadly, it only lasted 2 seasons. For what reasons, Im not 100% sure, but web scources state mis-management. I for one, tend to agree as it wasn't quite pushed enough.
Microsoft, however, has said that the beta testing for 1 vs. 100 was enlightening and they are pleased with the overall results, and 1 vs. 100 paved the way for future developments of similar ideas.
Does this mean more xbox-based gameshows to come in the future? I hope so! The idea was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment