UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Hey guys! This review blog is a resuscitation of one of my older attempts. I apologize for the rocky start, but I will get it up to speed as quickly as I can.
Meanwhile, enjoy the reviews I currently was able to save from one of my old facebook notes, and check back DAILY for new reviews and updates!
I'm over 51k gamerscore...so there's ALOT to review!

-LCC

Friday, October 1, 2010

Rise of the Argonauts



7/10 - When my younger brother rented this and I took a first glance at it...I initially thought: yuck!
When I picked up the controls...I also thought: yuck!
.....Then I really got into it.
While the graphics are a tad bit lacking, they are made up for by the complexity of the game's storyline. The amount of optional dialogue and results of the choices you make offer a very wide range of story complexities.
Or for you simple folk: Lotsa talking choices = Lotsa talking results.
The gameplay can tend to stretch out for long periods of time without much combat, if any, and as a result can be pretty slow paced. Having said that, this is more of a story-based game rather than an action-based and thus the concept works nicely.
The combat system is well established and makes the weapons-selection as well as God-Powers selection quite simple and frankly, quite enjoyable.
Following the legends of Ancient Greece is pretty intensely awesome. As an animator who worked on a Cartoon series based on Greek Mythology (youtube Class of the Titans), I was totally enthralled in the story. Having said that...alot of the conversations are abit over-winded and only the most diehard story-follower will refuse to skip any of the dialogue.
I skipped alot.
This is a pretty meaty game and you really need to take your time...no fast-food-99-cent-burger-joint kinda stuff allowed. Sink your teeth and savor the flavor.
Being an RPG, it doesn't have any online play value and little-to-no replay value unless you are REALLY bored. So I recommend it as a rental only...but it is most definately worth every penny of said rental.

No comments:

Post a Comment